Linda W. Brunt
Phone: (770) 382-4374
Linda Brunt joined the Evans Firm in 2017. She grew up in Cobb County, attended high school in Atlanta and, most recently, worked in house for Cobb County in the County Attorney’s Office. As one of the in-house attorneys for the County, she advised and represented the Board of Commissioners and the Cobb County Department of Transportation in a variety of matters where her practice focused on land use and infrastructure development. In this capacity, she also worked on a number of transportation infrastructure issues related to the construction and development of the Atlanta Braves’ SunTrust Park and the Battery retail and restaurant complex.
In addition, she handled transactional matters related to the development of transportation infrastructure and condemnation proceedings where she worked with outside counsel on behalf of the County. During her legal career, she has represented a number of condemning authorities and local governments in condemnation proceedings.
Previously she clerked for the Hon. Perry Brannen, Jr. of the Eastern Judicial Circuit after law school. As a law clerk, she researched and briefed a variety of legal issues, drafted memoranda and proposed Orders on issues pending before the Court and assisted with research needed during jury trials and hearings before the Court.
She is active in her church and community. She has been a communicant of the Episcopal Church of the Ascension in Cartersville for over 25 years and has served two terms on the Church Vestry. She raised tens of thousands of dollars for children’s organizations and charities in the Cartersville-Bartow County area as a member of the Cartersville Service League and has been a member of the Cartersville Board of Zoning Appeals for over 15 years.
She is married to Neal, who is one of the Bartow County Juvenile Court Judges, and they have a son Andrew who is a rising senior at the Darlington School in Rome, Georgia.
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- United States District Court – Northern District of Georgia
- J.D. – May, 1988
- The University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- M.A.: Modern and Medieval Languages – June, 1985
- University of Cambridge, Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
- B.A.: English and French – June, 1982
- Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
- Graduate – May, 1978
- The Westminster Schools, Atlanta, Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia
- Cobb County Bar Association
- Cartersville-Bartow County Bar Association
- City of Cartersville, Georgia Board of Zoning Appeals, November, 2000 to present
- Cartersville Service League, May, 2003 to May, 2009
- Raised over fifty thousand dollars for Boys and Girls Club of Bartow County, Inc.
- The Cartersville-Bartow Community Foundation, Founding Member, September, 2001to June, 2003
- Mentor – Cartersville Middle School, September, 1999 to May, 2002
- Communicant – The Episcopal Church of the Ascension, Cartersville, Georgia, February, 1992 to present
- Vestry Member, Committee member, Sunday school and bible school teacher
- Graduate – Cobb County Management Development Program, Levels I, II and III, April, 1996